30+ Best Wedding Tips and Stories
The wedding season is upon us. In a few weeks, we will be seeing weddings and happy faces all around us. The followings is a list of wedding tips and stories submitted by readers like you and me. Please be sure to read the comment section for details and follow links to articles on other blogs.
The Best Wedding Tips and Stories
Click on the link at the end of the entry to go to the comment below, or to the blog article that links here:
- Save Money With a Frugal Wedding at Being Frugal
- Choose unconventional date like Friday night in December (FFB)
- Try out alternatives to catering services (Meutia Chaerani)
- Go to wedding shows for giveaways and discount, ask friends and family for contact, create your own invitation, book your photographer early. (Jackie)
- Don’t be shy with the gift registry (Writer’s Coin)
- A story of Las Vegas wedding, and a tip to buy a smaller cake. (Beth Kimber) — Good story
- Cut out the frills (My Dollar Plan)
- Use a wedding planning web site (CarolBEE) — Must read
- Be selective with your invitation, shop around for the best price, keep it simple, take advantage of sales, don’t spend money on bells and whistles, and DIY when it makes sense (Bunny)
- A story of DIY backyard wedding (Pamela Munro) — That’s how one of my close friends got married too…very nice
- A lot of frugal tips every aspects of a wedding (Tina)
- Cut Your Wedding Costs With A Few Simple Tips at I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…
- A story of spending only $2,500 for a 100-guests wedding (Nina)
- Pete shares his wedding story and a few tips to safely cut out some expenses when planning your wedding (Pete)
- 10 wedding tips based on her own wedding (Susan)
- Our frugal wedding at Basic Financial
- Hold your wedding after your church’s Christmas service (Nancy)
- Six frugal wedding tips, three of which involve Costco (Kari Carlisle) — Interesting
- Frugal Ideas for a Wedding at Prime Time Money
- Confessions of a Frugal Bride at My Daily Dollars
- Wedding Planning: It doesn’t have to be stressful at Sher’s Corner
- Wedding Tips – Involve Your Family and Friends at Cash Money Life
- Ginger tells us to elope! — well actually… (Ginger)
- Kelly shares tips from her simple and very meaningful wedding (Kelly)
- The Nespys’ Guide to Frugal Weddings! at Mrs. Nespy’s World
- Our Wedding: Nearly Everything That Could Go Wrong, Did at Naturally Gluten Free
- Weddings and Wedding Favors: a Chance for Real Frugality at Mrs. Micah
- A Frugal Girl’s Decidedly Not Frugal Wedding at Be This Way
- Be careful with your prescription, especially on your honeymoon (Chris)
- FinAidGirl offers a variety of tips and her best tip is: “Ask around, compare deals, do-it-yourself!” (FinAidGirl)
- Mrs. Budgetsaresexy on frugal wedding-ness at Budgets Are Sexy
- Cheap Wedding Ideas: Keep Wedding Costs Down at Prime Time Money
Please add your tips and story below.
If you like this article, please sign up for our free weekly updates
Sign up for free weekly updates
About the Author
, on Apr 29, 2008
is the owner of Moolanomy Personal Finance
. He is a licensed Realtor
specializing in residential homes in the Northern Virginia area. Over the past 20 years, Pinyo has enjoyed a diverse career as an investor, entrepreneur, business executive, educator, and financial literacy author.
The information on this site is strictly the author's opinion. It does NOT constitute financial, legal, or other advice of any kind. You should consult with a certified adviser for advice to your specific circumstances.
While we try to ensure that the information on this site is accurate at the time of publication, information about third party products and services do change without notice. Please visit the official site for up-to-date information.
Moolanomy has affiliate relationships with some companies ("advertisers") and may be compensated if consumers choose to buy or subscribe to a product or service via our links. Our content is not provided or commissioned by our advertisers. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of our advertisers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers.